Georgia Tech Research Institute's Sponsored Project Support Department currently seeks upper class students to assist with the day to day accounting tasks and special projects as they arise starting summer 2020 semester. Students must have taken general accounting classes or have basic knowledge of accounting principles. Some of the duties will include:
* Reconciling vendor accounts and payments.
* Reviewing invoices to ensure compliance with federal guidelines.
* Reviewing travel receipts to ensure accuracy of expenses based on GTRI's guidelines.
* Performing administrative duties such as: photocopying, scanning, and filing.
* Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
* Must be registered for at least 6 credit hours at a University System of Georgia Institution.
* Must have a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA
* Strong mathematical skills.
* Proficient knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite programs.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Basic understanding of accounts payable and expenses.
10-20 hours per weekU.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.Clearance Type Required
NoneDiversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute's mission of solving the world's most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.